I made this build on April 7th, 2011 after tuning the ground and air movement variables, implementing some new dash mechanics, and implementing the proper death/dizzy system (See "Current Rules" section). It's roughly 3.2 megs so it might take a few moments to load.
*Press the "I" key on the keyboard to switch the control scheme between Windows 360 Controller, Mac 360 controller, and keyboard. You can confirm which scheme is active with the admittedly difficult-to-read text in the upper left hand corner of the game screen.
How To Play:
360 Controller - Use the left analog stick to run left and right. Use the A button to jump. Press the X button to "Strike". You can perform a 5 hit combo with the Strike button and the last hit will propel the target enemy backward, knocking down any enemies it collides with. Press the Y button to "Slam". You can perform a 5 hit combo with the Slam button and the last hit will blast the enemy into the ground. You can also perform a 5 hit combo by going back and forth between Strike and Slam however you please. Strikes are faster, weaker, and yield blood. Slams are slower, stronger, and yield no blood.
You can perform a left dash by pushing the left bumper and you can perform a right dash by pushing left bumper. Attacks can be cancelled anytime with a dash! If you Strike while dashing you will perform a Power Kick. Hitting an enemy with a Power Kick will do 1 damage and blast the enemy backwards, knocking down other enemies it touches. If you Slam while dashing you will perform a Shield Check. Hitting an enemy with a Shield Check will do 2 damage and they'll spin in place for approximately 1 second. In this state they can be hit normall as if they were standing. It serves as a linker between different combos...
Keyboard - Press the left and right arrow keys to move, the up arrow key to jump, the Z key to strike, the X key to slam,
At the moment, enemies have 15 health (Strikes do 1 damage and Slams do 2 damage). Once an enemy's health has been reduced to 0 they will "break", which means that the next time they would normally stand up and start their routine again they will now be dizzy. But this means that they can continue to be struck as long as you can prevent them from falling down and standing up into their dizzy state. Once dizzy, you have approximately 3 seconds to hit them with an attack (which will kill them) or they will simply collapse and die. Enemies do not attack yet. Once all enemies die, you'll have to refresh your browser to restart the scene and kill again.
- If you perform the fifth standing strike or Power Kick on more than one enemy they will instantly hit eachother and fall into place. And generally speaking, it still doesn't look or feel good to hit multiple enemies.
- Sounds play multiples times when you hit multiple enemies since we haven't yet implemented a sound manager.
- You can perform the dash in the air as we have not yet properly implemented the air dash.
- If you push against an enemy in a dizzy state they will slide across the stage.
- Dashing should always move the character the same distance but for now it is affected by other factors, like if you were running or not.
- If you are running, you will only be able to dash in the direction you are running, regardless of which button you push.
- If a broken enemy stands up inside of a hit box they will actually be struck normally (albeit still broken) instead of dying.
- I am still experimenting with dash mechanics. There are still more to come.
- Proper air/falling state implementation so I can start working on the air game. I will be pushing the dash mechanics forward in lockstep with the air mechanics because there's going to be a lot of fun interaction between the two.
- Enemies that properly respawn. Sorry about that. Haha!
Stay tuned. :)